Family,
Thank you for all the birthday wishes! As Grandpa Salmon would say, "It made me feel 10 feet tall." I have a feeling this is going to be a great week. The last week was a week of miracles and let me tell you why. Well we have been tied up with a lot of things as the nurses this week and had a few missionaries in the hospital. We only had a few hours in our sector this week with so many plans of finding and contacting references the members had given us. The great thing is that all of the sickies are happy and alive and so we are happy. But I have to say that during the time we had in our sector, we saw some wonderful things happen. Our bishop came with us to go visit a family that is preparing for baptism and it turned out after all our planning, they weren`t home. We were kinda bummed because we knew the bishop took time out of his schedule to come with us. So then we asked him if he had anyone in mind that we should visit and he mentioned a family that has been coming to church for some time but has never gotten baptized because of a few things they need to work out before doing so. So we went to visit them and they told us of all the changes they have seen in their lives since the last time the missionaries were teaching them and that they want to make the changes necessary to get baptized in April!!! We were so excited! We talked with the bishop after about how inspired he was. Then we also were able to teach the dad of a family of recent converts that never got baptized because he was away on military duty when his family converted to the church. The first time we taught him, he had many doubts but did come to church and loved it. After that we had a hard time finding him again. But that night after our lesson with the bishop, we went with Elissa Flores to go find him. That night we talked about faith because he said he has never felt a lot of faith in the Lord because he had never really received an answer or anything. But then we taught him about how he can strengthen his relationship with his Father in Heaven and how getting baptized is showing he has faith in the healing power of the Savior, and our invitation for him to be baptized was us showing our faith that by doing so, he would be cleaned from sin. Then he accepted to be baptized!!! We are preparing wonderful people to be baptized this month and I hope it is a month of full baptisms. I want to give all I have and am here before I go. I know the Lord is answering our prayers.
Well Saturday President called us and asked us to go to Machala, 3 hours from Guayaquil in bus, to go visit a sick elder in the hospital there and make sure he was getting good treatment. So we went and stayed the night there in the house of some other Hermanas and it was a successful trip. The elder is healing well and we returned home safely yesterday. I feel grateful to have had the opportunity of being the nurse. I have seen many wonderful things happen here as sick missionaries show their faith, the Lord helps them leave with great success in their sectors. As we got home, I realized how much I feel like this is my home. I love it here. These people have become so much a part of me. I really did need them so much and I just didn`t know it. I thought I was coming here for them, but it turns out that I have gained everything in return. I feel so happy. Happier than I can even express.
Thank you for all of your Birthday wishes. I will be sure to have a wonderful birthday, no doubt. I love you all so much!
Always,
Hermana Salmon
No comments:
Post a Comment