Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 24, 2011: End Of Phase 1

Hola mi familia!
Como está!!! Wow, I can´t believe it is the end of my first
transfer! How time flies! Right now I am companions with Hermana
Chamberlain from Indiana because both of our companions left for
Guayaquil to go home! We are having a blast. We love being together
and are having a lot of fun. We find out if we get transfers tonight
but we both think we are staying here. I am glad to stay here because
I love the people but I´m a little nervous because I will have to lead
the sector because my new companion won´t know her way around.
Needless to say, I wrote down every bus stop and direction I could
think of before my companion left because we all know my sense of
direction is a little backwards! I am counting on the Spirit to really
help me remember my way around! And being with Hna Chamberlain, I feel
more and more that my personality is coming out in spanish. At first,
coming here and not knowing Spanish, I felt like a mute with no
personality because I didn´t know anything to say. But last night,
when I was teaching with Hna Chamberlain, I felt so happy and like
myself again. It feels good to be back. The Spanish is coming more and
more everyday and it is a great blessing from Heavenly Father. I know
he is helping me tremendously because I want it so badly. I am here to
share my testimony and that I will do!
This week was a good week. Since it was my compainions last week in
the mission, we did a lot of feasting at members houses. Not gonna
lie, it was SO GOOD! We did have a great experience teaching Eliana
this week who said that she feels a peace in her house when we are
there teaching her. It was a great opportunity to teach her about the
Holy Ghost and how we can always have these feelings after we are
baptized. She is so wonderful and I really hope she continues to pray.
She has such a huge heart.
I am so happy to be a missionary for the Lord and at times, I can´t
believe that I am here. I want to be an affective tool for the Lord so
I can help people feel closer to him. He really is the Savior and the
Atonement is strong enough to wipe away all our sins, great or small,
our heartaches, and weaknesses. The feelings are so real and I grow
more and more grateful for his sacrifice every day. I realize his
great mercy and how he continues to forgive, even when I´m sure he
knows we will mess up again. This church is the true church. It is the
same church as when Christ was on the earth. It is a great blessing
and the happiness that we can feel because of it is tangible.
Things are going great! I am excited for a little change and I am
excited to set new goals. I LOVE the work out cd and I use it so
often! I can really feel the burn baby! That was such a great idea
mom. You are so good at remembering things that we have talked about
at one time and giving them as gifts later on for a wonderful
surprise. I love it! And it is so helpful after all those empenadas I
ate this week! Are you doing it? I feel I am walking myself slim! And
I love the shirts mom! They both fit great and I have gotten great
compliments on them already. All the package was such a wonderful
surprise! I wish I could send you the video I made because I was a
giddy little girl when I opened it and I felt so loved and special.
Thank you SO much again and again. I am still enjoying the fruits of
it every day. That was so generous!
And Dad! I´m so glad you had such a nice birthday at the cabin. It
reminds me of the time we went to the cabin with my friends on your
birthday. That was so much fun. I hope you had a special time because
I love you so much. I sang Happy Birthday to you from my house, but
I´m not sure if it was loud enough. But know I was thinking of you the
WHOLE day. Everyone that sees your picture thinks you are such a young
guy and it´s true! It sounds like the other things in the ward are
going great and I am excited to hear about Micheal and Heather. That
will be fun to have them around. Oh, Mom, I was going to
tell you, you should start reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and
have the english one side by side. Pres. Kimball promised that we will
be able to speak the language better after completing it. Just a
thought!
And I sent Stephanie a letter, but those take forever, but Steph,
thanks so much for the package! It was such a wonderful surprise and I
LOVED it! You were so stinkin thoughtful and it made me so happy!
And Krissi had her baby. Her name is Ivy and she was born on Dad´s
birthday. She looks so cute and she is healthy! Í´m so happy for them!
Congratulations!
Thank you for your support and for taking care of everything for me
back at home so I can serve without a worry! Thanks for making sure
everyone got my letters and for making it special for Dad to get it on
his birthday. I sure love you all. Have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment