Mi familia!
How`s it going over there during my favorite time of the year in old Arizony? Things in Guayaquil are pretty good. This week has been interesting because the hermana that was sick last week ended up getting surgery on Monday night and so I stayed with her every day this week in the hospital. Then my companion, Hermana Mairana would stay with her at night. It was pretty good for me because I got to sit in an air conditioned room all week and study up on my Spanish and write some letters, but I feel bad for her. The other hard thing is that we haven´t been in our sector at all this week and so we feel like we have lost all the investigators we were working with. Also, I realized how much I love teaching and how much of a high that it is. When I wasn´t teaching this week, I felt like I was missing something and I made a comment to my companion that maybe that is why missionaries feel so strange when they come home because they aren´t teaching. Then yesterday, we were headed back to our sector and I was super pumped. I sat next to this young man and I started to share with him a summary of the Restoration. I told him that our invitation is for him to read the pamphlet and then pray about it and ask God if it is true. He then asked me my favorite question to hear,¨"Well how do I pray?" So there on the bus I quickly taught him how to pray and got his info so we could go visit him. As we got off the bus I told Hermana Barker, "Whoa, it feels so good to be back!" Just then we got a call from President saying that we were needed back at the house of the sick hermana. We were all a little sad to leave because we were so close to teaching, but we realize that the majority of our calling right now is being the nurses. So ít´s okay. I have just realized how much I love teaching people about the Gospel because it can really heal any wound, surmount any challenge, and right any wrong if we but only live and apply the principles of it in our lives. I have been trying to adjust to the new schedule because we don´t usually live by the normal missionary hours. It feels strange because it´s ingrained in my head and now we have to let it go a little bit. But really, things are good. I am learning that I need to trust in the Lord so much more and I have realized now, more than ever, just how much I need Him to do this. We have been very stressed this week and I feel like my Spanish is struggling majorly and I want to speak it so badly because I need to communicate with President. Luckily he is patient and tells me that I can speak English with him if I need to. But I know things will come, little by little...poco a poco and I need to be patient and have more faith. Sometimes I think, "Does the Lord really think I can do this?" and then I am reminded that I am called of a Prophet of God and that the Lord has promised when he calls us to something, he will provide a way to accomplish the thing which he has commanded.
Oh, yesterday it was fun because we got to go to meet with Hermana Montalti (President`s wife) at their house and I got to meet their kids. Then we had the best hamburgers ever! It was a lot of fun. She is really great and so are her kids.
I thought I would share some funny comments I´ve heard from the Elders this week in our phone calls. I usually talk to the Americans because for some reason, when the Americans get sick, we can´t talk in Spanish....works for me! And Hermana Mairana talks to all the Latinos. Anyways....here´s a few funny comments....
1. Me: "Elder are you taking the medicine I told you to take?"
Elder: "Yeah, I was but then my arms went numb during the night so I thought it would be best to stop that one. It really knocked me for a loop!"
2. Elder: "So I didn´t get my cast off this week but I really want to take it off. Can I cut it off with a machete?"
Everything else is good and the church is true! We have a baptism tonight of Jorge Luis who is 9 years old and we are super excited! Love you all and thank you for the letters you send. They mean so much to me.
Always,
Hermana Salmon
P.S. Today we made tacos for lunch and they were SO GOOD! And mom, I definitely used the Taco Bell sauce you sent. Ah maz ing!
No comments:
Post a Comment