Dear Family,
I wanted to share a few quick stories with you that have really strenghthend my testimony this week.
1. We began teaching this young mom who says that she wants to find the conviction in her life that we, as missionaries, feel for the church. We bore testimony that she could find that same conviction in her life as well. As we did, her eyes lit up and in her prayer after the lesson, she prayed the most sincere and heart-felt prayer of someone who truly is hungering to know the truth. In that moment, I felt the spirit bear witness to me that all of this is true. It's so true. Then last night we returned to teach her and as we did, it began to pour sheets of rain and it hasn't rained ever since I got here. She paused and looked up at us and said, "I have been praying all day for rain and He answered me." We testified to her that God certainly hears her prayers. Before we left, it stopped raining. It only rained while we were in her house and I heard that it never rains in spurts like that. I usually rains for a long time. It was a testimony to me that heavenly father wanted her to know that he hears her.
2. We met this sweet lady named Maria Eugenia. Last week when we met her, she told us "I feel like something is missing inside. I want to know my purpose and who I am." We then went to her house and began to teach her about the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation and Happiness. My companion then shared the most amazing scripture about how when we repent and are baptized, we will be filled. She began to weep and yesterday when we went back to teach her again, she said, "I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true and I want to be apart of it." We then told her about conference this weekend and how we get to hear from a Prophet and she was SO EXCITED! She was a little sad that we don't get to meet him in person though. But we are excited to take her to conference this weekend. I am so excited too. That is what makes our church so different. We actually have a prophet who can talk with God and help us to know what God would have us know if we were here. What a huge blessing that is! This church is true. I know it is with every part of me. I´ve seen a fire light in the hearts and eyes of the people here. This is my great joy.
I love you all! Enjoy conference! Thanks for all the birthday wishes!
Love you,
Hermana Salmon
No comments:
Post a Comment