Sunday, June 12, 2011

May 16, 2011: Clinica Kennedy

Dear Family,
    I am glad to hear you are all knee deep in fun stuff right now...in your trips to Ohio and D.C., in Graduations, in Birthdays, in tests, in fundraisers, in anniversaries, and in niños. It sounds like it has been a busy, but good time. I am sure happy for you both, Matt and Lara, on your graduations! Congrats! And Mom and Gracie, Happy Birthday!!! I´m glad to hear you had a great birthday mom. I sang to you from Ecuador. I always do on all of your birthdays! And I was sure thinking of you a lot that day. And Dad, how are all the fundraisers going? Matt, one week to go with all the finals...GOOD LUCK!
   Everything here is going well. This week I titled it the "Clinica Kennedy" because that´s where we spent most of our time this week. My companion and I joke around how we need an office there. We had two missionaries who were in the hospital all of last week, so I got to spend some good quality time there. We joked around about how we needed to go knock hospital doors and try to teach them because they couldn´t run from us. Haha, just kiddin, but seriously...It was a good time there and I am just happy because everyone is doing good. The only hard thing is that when we are in the clinic, we are not preachin the gospel, and that part is a little hard sometimes. But Hermana Mairena and I were talking about it over lunch and how we feel like Alma right now when he said, "Oh I wish that I were an angel and could have the desires of my heart, but I do sin in my wish and I should be happy with what the Lord has alotted me" (or something like that). We are ancy to be in our sector to share the gospel with every minute we have, but we also are so happy to be helping those who are a little sick so they can be out helping others find the truth. Honestly, I feel very happy right now in the mission and I am enjoying every day very much. Last night, we had a lesson with the Familia Herrera with Elder Smith and Elder Guerrero and it went very well. We love this family so much because they are so united and so loving to each other.  Last night, we had a wonderful lesson and the Spirit was so strong. I was praying the whole time that they could see, really see, all the answers that Heavenly Father has given them. Two members of the family had 2 very strong dreams that were incredible and to me, it is a miracle! But during the lesson, I felt such a fire inside me as I began sharing my testimony that really, this is the only way to find true lasting happiness.  There are many ways in this life that we can find happiness, but to feel peace inside that is not altered even if the world is crumbling around us, that kind of happiness comes through faith and hope in Jesus Christ. We walked home on the clouds last night and I felt so grateful to know what I know. It´s so true.
    I love you all and thank you for all your support! Mom, I got your Easter package this week and I got your oatmeal package today!! Thank you so much! I love both of them! I have been enjoying ´the cd´s in the office this week and everyone in the office has been enjoying the candy you sent. They are so funny, everytime I get a package, they all come running and gather round with the scissors, ready to take part in anything tasty! Thanks mom. I loved the tootsie rolls and the fudge and the kids LOVE the stickers! And I will totally be enjoying breakfast everyday! Honestly, thank you so much. It means a lot and it makes me feel like I recieved a small piece of home. As for the dress you asked me about last week, I haven´t seen it yet, but I am very anxious to get it! The Elders know it´s coming and they will keep an eye out for it! (Yeah, they just want the goodies!).
   I hope everything is so well. You are the best family in the universe!
always,
Hermana Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment