Sunday, October 2, 2011

September 19, 2011: The Sun is Back!

Family,
Oh man, the sun is back in action. For a short, oh so short, period of time the weather was pleasant, but the sun has come back with a vengeance! But I can`t complain. I have heard that the weather is a little bit more than scalding in Arizona this time of year. But we doin good.
This week has been very busy! We have been in a trio for the last week with Hermana Cochran and will be until the next change in 2 weeks. Her companion went home for health reasons and there aren`t any other hermanas to be her companion. We are happy because it is a lot of fun to have her around, but the only hard thing is that we are between the office, her sector and our sector. Can you say crazy!! But the fun thing is that we are getting to know all the investigators in her sector and we are going to have some wonderful baptisms this week if everything goes according to plan. We are busy as bees, but happy as clams. The sad thing was we spent a lot of time teaching and finding this week as we are starting our new program and no one came to church yesterday from our sector Colon. We were a little sad, but know we need to change our focus and listen closer to the Spirit for guidance. I need to be better in that area anyways. One experience that was very special was that we were in the sector of Hermana Cochran and we knocked on a door and a woman was very hesitant to let us pass. We accepted that she wasn`t going to let us in and we turned to walk away when she hesitated and then said, "No its okay, you can come in." We enjoyed our time with her as we talked about the Gospel and the way it can improve the quality of our lives. At the end of the lesson, she offered the prayer and said that she was so grateful to Heavenly Father that out of all the doors we could have knocked, we knocked on her door. She felt the Lord was very aware of her. I loved that so much and was touched that the Lord is so keenly aware of each one of us and our needs. I come to realize that more and more every day. Another fun thing was that we had Stake Conference yesterday and got to see everyone from our new ward and old ward. I love this place. They are amazing people with giant testimonies of the Savior. The people here are so quick to see the hand of the Lord in their lives. I love that about them.
Oh, a little info about photos. I have only been sending photos of me and other missionaries because we aren`t allowed to post on the internet photos of the investigators or tell their names. So I have been more vague lately, but I was thinking I would send the photos through the email to mom and then later when I come home we can do something with them, just so you can be see the people with whom I am spending all my time. Love you lots!
Hermana Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment