Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12, 2012: 17 Months

Family,
   I can hardly believe it. Time is flying so fast and I feel a little unsure of how I am supposed to feel. I feel happy but also sad because walking in the street I think to myself, "This is my world. These are the people that I love so much. How will I be able to leave?"  But after that, I have to tell myself that I still have time left to soak up every minute! I feel very happy and this is the last week of the change. I am wondering if I will end the mission as the nurse or if I will leave. I have no idea, but i am at peace with whatever. I actually hope to stay here because we are seeing such great results of all the prayers being offered in our behalf. This week, Guillermo, 19 years old, is going to get baptized and next week his mom and his siblings will follow after him. I am so excited! I have missed being apart of baptisms and feeling that feeling of complete joy after seeing someone that we have come to love so much recieve the Holy Ghost to be their constant companion in every moment of their lives. Its the best thing we can offer...well, its nothing I have to offer, but I guess its helping them to understand what Christ has to offer. I feel so grateful for all the blessings in my life, for the Gospel and for the knowledge that my Savior lives and loves me. That I know I can go to him for any problem large or small and he will be there for me. If everyone in the world could understand and grasp that fact, things would be so much different, wouldn´t they? I am healthy and happy as ever. What an amazing experience this has been and I look forward to the last little bit. Its like we are coming up the finish line and its time to run harder and faster than before so that the finish is even sweeter. I love you all! 
Always,
Hermana Salmon

1 comment: