Sunday, March 4, 2012

February 27, 2012: Rain or Shine


Family,
   What a difference this week! I can´t even tell you how great this week has been. Thank you so much for your quick response to our need for prayers. I can tell you that we have seen a literal change in the people here. People are listening and we went from zero to five people who want to get baptized in March! We are so excited! I know that Heavenly Father is answering your prayers and they keep me going.  We found one man in the street who had told us that he was looking for something more in his life and began to read the Bible again after laying it down for a long time. We taught him there in the street about the power of repentance and he accepted to be baptized! He is wonderful but keep praying so that he can do all he needs to be baptized.  One fun experience this week was on Saturday. We did splits with Hermanas in the ward and I went with Alissa Flores. She is one of my closest friends in the mission...she is my age and so fun. But as we were waiting to meet up with my companion, it started to downpour and I mean DOWNPOUR!! We only had one polka-dot umbrella and so we huddled underneath and ran from corner to corner trying to find a phone to make sure my companion was okay. We were laughing so hard as we hugged under the umbrella. And within minutes, there was a literal lake in the street and I swear there was so much water we saw sharks swim by. It was a fun night and we found our companions. They were in the house waiting out the rain!! Haha. Good times. I love being a missionary. We feel truly blessed. I sure love you all so much.
-Hermana Salmon



Hermana Martinez and I were in the Liahona here (the Ensign). Ha acutally one of the members here saw it and thought it was so funny. It will be the first and last time I am in the Liahona.
This is me just before leaving to make some contacts for Dad. We are going to get some good votes here in Ecuador!

The girl group at the Flores household. We eat there every other Sunday.
This is Alissa Flores and me. We recovered with some apple cake after surviving the storm the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment