Hola mi familia bonita!
I am so sad to hear that so many of you are under the weather! That stinks! I hate being sick, it ruins everything. But I´m glad you are going to celebrate soon enough when everyone is back up and running again. Mom, I hope you get better so you can visit Lara! I know they are so excited to see you. I´ll pray real hard for your health.
Everything here is going so great! Honestly, I couldn´t be happier...well except if you all were here. But I love being a missionary. This week was great and I feel like I am learning so much every day. I ´don´t know if I told you this story, but we were with Lupe and Dayana and during Dayana´s prayer she said, "Thank you that we could find the true church." Ha! I felt like jumping up and shouting "Hallelujah!" I felt so happy and I felt my testimony of this gospel burn even more inside me. This is why I´m here! Keep praying for them to get baptized because they are so wonderful but they have some challenges ahead of them. And this week, my companion and I both noticed how different Lupe is. She is smiling more and she seems so happy and that makes ME happy! And we have been noticing great things happening here among the people. The people here are very closed and don´t like to talk about personal things. So we have been praying that they could open up their hearts to us and this week it happened. Many of our investigators opened up and started asking questions and started wanting answers. We were so happy. One of our investigators, Dilsia and her children finally came to church with us this sunday after quite a long time of great hesitancy. She really was so attentive the whole time. Please pray for them to feel the truth of this church and have a desire to be baptized. I wish I could put the feelings in my heart in their hearts for a few minutes and so they can know the happiness and blessings that await them and their families in this church through the saving ordinances. I sure love them. Also, we have been having "Family Home Evenings" with many of the members and practicing with them how to share their testimonies with their friends. The members are really opening up as well and we have great hope for many of their freinds to come to the gospel. Last night, we had a Family Night where many of the members shared their conversion stories so some of our investigators could hear and gain strength. It was a wonderful night because all of them there last night were converts and their stories were inspirational!
Everything else is great, I am so happy. It is a little chilly here, but nothing I can´t handle! I usually sleep with my hoodie on, with the hood over my head and during the day, I wear my work out capris under my skirts! Ha, my little secret! And the mittens are a life-saver!!! I LOVE them and they arrived just in time. Thank you so much! And as for the ant colonies, I can proudly say the ants have vanished! Those little ant houses are miracle workers. I am no longer enjoying a bowl of cereal with ants as a side-dish! Thanks mom! And as for the familia Narea with the man who was drunk in the street...we have shared with them again about the power of Christ´s Atonement and they really felt the spirit but I think they have been hurt so much over time, they don´t believe the Atonement can help them, which makes me so sad. We have a hard time finding them at home and haven´t been able to teach them this week. One quote that I found in the General Conference Issue of the Ensign that I absolutely love is,¨"Not one of you has thrown away your last chance. You can change, you can come back, you can claim mercy. Come unto the only One who can heal and you will find peace¨" I know that´s true. That is by Elder Patrick Kearon. I love this gospel and I know it´s true. I love you all. Thank you for your love and support!
Always,
Hermanita Salmon
No comments:
Post a Comment