Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7, 2011: Just Singin' & Dancin' in the Rain

Family,
Hey all! This week has been really great and full of LOTS of rain!
I´m so glad I have my rain jacket because it has come in quite handy.
Don´t worry though, I have not washed away just yet. Everything is
going well. We are teaching Lupe and her daughter Diana and they are
excited for a baptism the 19th of this month! I love teaching them
because they are so excited about the gospel and it reminds me that
that is how the gospel should be to all of us. We should be excited
to read the scriptures, look forward to our conversations in prayer
with our Heavenly Father, and anticipate our time in church to take
the sacrament and worship our God and His son Jesus Christ. This week
we showed the video"Finding Faith in Christ" to a family and the
spirit testified so strongly to me of the reality of the Savior and
his mission here on earth. He really does have the power to conquer
all. He is real. He lives. He overcame all things and so with him, we
can overcome all things too. I have been reading this talk by Elder
Scott from the last conference that I encourage everyone to ready. Its
about strengthening our character through our faith. I love that. I
want to be a person of strong character who is not even tossled by a
trial. I am truly inspired by his words.

I sure love you all. This church is so true and I feel the
reality of it burn within me as I bear testimony of it to people who
don´t know the light of this gospel. The light of the gospel is truly
brighter than any darkness we will face in this life if we but have
the faith to believe and go forward into the unknown.
always,
kate

No comments:

Post a Comment