Family,
Dad, this is so EXCITING!!! I can´t believe you are running for Congress again!!! How AWESOME! I was literally squealing here in my seat when I read the announcement from Mom and my companion was like, "What´s going on!" That is so cool dad. I am just so happy I will be back just in time for all the good stuff! I will be your biggest fan and support! GO MATT GO! Wahoo! SO COOL!!! I´m so proud of you dad. I want to tell the whole world. To bad Ecuador can´t vote for you or they´d be running to the polls with all the good things I have to say about you here to the people! Chevere! (that´s cool in spanish)
Well I don´t really have anything to say that could even top that. But here it goes. Mom, I´ll answer some of your questions. My house is pretty sweet because we are the nurses so we have a toaster oven (Hermana Garlock cooks cakes in there all the time!) and a washer and dryer. We found out we are moving this month to be closer to the office and the other Elders because we travel a lot. We are told that we may get air conditioning so we are super excited and crossing our fingers. I hope the Elders are good to us and find us one with air!! We have changes coming up this week and I can´t believe it already. I think I forgot to tell you that Hermana Barker left two weeks ago to another area so it´s been me and Hna Mairena. She is super great. We have a good time together and she helps me so much with all the medical stuff. I feel very fortunate and I think we will be companions for quite a while. So we don´t have to worry about changes, but prepare to recieve the new missionaries this week and say goodbye to those leaving. It will be a fun and busy week! As far as the rain goes, we haven't had another downpour like last week this week, so that is nice. My shoes are great! They are super comfy.
We are preparing for the baptisms of Briggette and Maria Eugenia this week so please pray HARD for them! We are so excited and feeling the spirit of the mission.
I am so jealous that you are going to see the Easter Pageant this week and I hope you enjoy every ounce of it. I was telling my compaion about it and began to study the New Testament again because I feel like I want to get to know my Savior a little better again. The more that I learn about Him, the more confidence I have in myself, this message, and my purpose and the more people can feel the conviction in our words. He lives. I sure love him so much.
Yesterday during fast sunday it was sure special. I got up to bear my testimony and I realized the words were coming so easily and CORRECTLY (most importantly) to my mind. The rest of the day was the same. It was amazing!! I know the Lord has surely blessed me. I feel so happy and so grateful. I know it is a gift from Him. I finally stopped worrying about it for some words Dad said to me, and I feel like I am understanding much better and speaking with greater ease. This church is true!! I know I couldn´t do this on my own!
I sure love you all. Thank you for your letters and I'm sorry I haven´t sent any for a while. I just have NO time. But I promise to send them soon. Your letters help me so much and they always seem to come at just the right time.
Always,
Hermana Salmon
P.S. This week I hit the 6 month mark! Crazy! Only one year left...wow, it's flying.
No comments:
Post a Comment