Sunday, April 24, 2011

April 18, 2011: Oh Happy Day

Family,
Hey, I´m so glad to hear that things are going so well! This pleases me. Haha. But honestly, I am so excited to hear everything that is going on with the campaign and I just wish I was there to big your biggest support dad, but my letters will have to do for now! I´m so proud of you! As for this week, it has been a great week. Here are a few stories I wanted to share that i thought you would enjoy.

1. Gina Bustamante: We contacted her this week but it was late so we told her we would come back. As we sat to teach her, she was so witheld. She would hardly say anything to us as we began to teach her. As we prayed I had this thought come into my head, "She does not need to hear about The Restoration right now" which is just what we were about to teach. But I rejected that thought because I thought, "Sure she needs to hear about it, it´s the foundation of our message!" So we began to teach it and as we were teaching about prophets, I had the thought come to me, "She needs to hear about the Savior." So in the middle of the talk on prophets, I said out of the blue, "Hermana, como esta? Do you have a lot of preocupations right now in your life." Then she nodded and didn´t say a word. We then began to testify of Christ which has been close on the surface for us this week because we decided to study more of Christ this week in our studies so when we share testimony of Him, others can feel it because we feel it. Then her husband walked in and they had a very brief and cold exchange. As he left, we began to talk more of Christ and how he suffered for us so that he knows how to run to us in our infirmities (Alma 7:11). She then began to cry and she still didn´t say anything, she just listened. As we concluded, she thanked us so much and we left feeling so incredibly lifted. I realized that we need to know Christ if we are to represent Him and wear his name. We need to think as he thinks, act and he acts, and love as he loves. But we can only know him through learning more of him, praying, going to church, and serving others. I felt such great happiness to be there in that lesson and be a small part of this work. It´s so true. It´s all true.
2. Maria Eugenia: She was baptized on SATURDAY!!! Wahoo! and after she bore such strong testimony of the Gospel and how before, she felt so empty, but now she is filled. Yesterday at church she was confirmed and she had such a serene look on her face. I am so happy for her.
3. Last night it began to rain again like cats and dogs and it was crazy! But we were super sad yesterday because we were walking all over before church to try to pick up all our investigadors and not one of them could go, which meant they were all going to lose their baptism dates. We were so crushed and walked into church just so disappointed. So after all of our meetings, about 7 pm, we set out to find them again and to make new baptism goals with them. Luckily, we found them and they have new dates, but please pray for them that they will recognize the importance of baptism and this covenant with Heavenly Father. That they will come to church. P.S. I fell in 2 puddles yesterday, yes two, and we about died of laughter as I was sitting on the ground in a small river of water.
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment