Family,
Wowl, this week was something very special. We had the opportunity to have a mission conference with Elder Nash, the area authority. We were all so excited about it and preparing for it. We were all just so ready to be spiritually lifted. He began to teach us about missionary work, and then about half way in he said, "I´m now going to ask you a question that is the most important message of the day. How do you feel about Jesus Christ?" Just then, I felt this big lump in the back of my throat and felt a huge burning in my chest. He then asked to hear from a few different missionaries. One of the Elders, Elder Vuinovic who is in the office with me, he stood up and bore powerful witness that without Christ, there is no hope, but with him, we have all the hope in the world. I dont think there was a dry eye in the room. I felt such huge gratitude for Christ and what he has done for all of us. I thought of the scripture in D&C 58: 42-43 that says, "Behold he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven and I the Lord, remember them no more. By this ye may know if a man repenteth of his sins, behold he will confess and forsake them." I felt such gratitude for the reality of this scripture and I, too, shared my testimony of Christ. With the Atonement, we dont have to feel alone, we don´t have to feel disappointed in ourselves for failing, or we don´t have to carry around the burden of sins with us always. We can repent, leave it all at the feet of the Savior, and we can change. We can change today. Heavenly Father is not worried about yesterday, but with today and tomorrow. I love to bear testimony to the investigators that that is why we invite them to be baptized so fast. They can get rid of all these feelings now, not in years, now. They can take hold of all the blessings that are awaiting them. All that the Lord requires of us is a broken heart and a contrite spirit and believe in the power of Jesus Christ to heal us. I am so grateful for him and the knowledge that He lives. He is at our side so we don´t have to fight our battles alone. He lives. I hope that everyone can gain a testimony of that if you are unsure. He lives and loves us. I know it because I have felt it and the power of healing and cleaning that comes from repentance.
We also had a great baptism on Saturday of Briggette and she is 11 years old. She is such a little angel. Their whole family was so happy for her, even though they aren´t members (don´t worry, we have plans to help them!) and they kept saying how happy they were for their daughter to be baptized. I love being a missionary. Hermana Mairena and I were on the side of the font, waiting to help her when she came out. I was peeking over her shoulder so I could see and we had smiles the size of Texas on our faces. It was a great day.
Next week we hope that Maria Isabel and her son Lenin, get baptized. They are wonderful! Pray for them please! I love you all.
Oh, just wanted to say a word to Scotty Salmon if someone can make sure he sees this. Yesterday, two people came up to me and asked me if I had a cousin that served in Colombia because they knew and served with an Elder Salmon. I said "YES!" very excitedly to have someone in Ecuador know someone in my family. Then they both told me that he was the best missionary they had known in the mission. That he was the most worthy and most influential missionary there. I thought he´d like to hear that. I have their contacts if he can send me his address or somethin.
Love you all.
Yo se que vive mi SeƱor.
Always,
Hermana Salmon
No comments:
Post a Comment