Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 14, 2011: This Week!

My lovely companion, Hermana Smith and me.

Our district

An activity we had today. An american group came to give toys and clothes to the niños here and it went so great.

Family,
Oh what a great week we have had! I have had so much fun with Hermana Smith and we and just having the time of our lives. I wanted to share a few great experiences with you that really highlighted our week and they all had to do with prayer.
1. We were teaching the family of Pablo again and during the lesson, he said that he was at work with his co-workers and they were all sitting down when men came up to rob them. He said in that moment he remembered the lesson on prayer and he bowed his head and prayed that they wouldn`t bother him. He said that the men passed by him and robbed everyone else. He said that he had a gun with him at all times to protect himself, but that he forgot about the gun and remembered to pray. It was a testimony builder to me that God does answer our prayers.

2. Anthony is a little boy whom we have been teaching for about the last month and a half. It has been so hard to find his mom because she is a single-working mom and so she is hardly ever at home. So at last we found her and began to share a lesson with the both of them. We asked Anthony to show his mom how to pray and as he began to do so, Hermana Smith and I sat beaming in our chairs of happiness as he taught his mom to fold his arms and bow her head. She followed so sweetly and looked so lovingly at her son. She is such a loving and tender mom. As he prayed the spirit filled the room. We are hoping that Anthony gets baptized on Sunday with his mom in attendance. The other part of the story is that she wanted to be at his baptism but hardly has any days off. She said she wanted to visit the church before her son got baptized. Today at the activity (A group from the US came today to hand out toys and clothes to the niños here) she was able to enter the church for the first time and she sat with such a smile on her face. The people didn`t arrive on time so we sang Christmas hymns with the elders and I saw her singing along. After she came up to us and said how she felt at home in the church and said that she has Sunday off of work! Yet another answered prayer! Keep praying that he will get baptized on Sunday. We have the appointment tonight at 8 pm to confirm plans and ask her permission!

3. We are teaching this other boy named Carlos. He has been listening for the same amount of time and his mom was also hesitant to give her permission only because she wanted Carlos to show real interest...which we wanted too. So we had an appointment with him on Saturday and as we knelt to pray together at the end of the lesson, he said, "If the church is true, please let my mom give me permission so I can be baptized next week!" Then yesterday we went back with a member of the church with a prayer in our heart and we taught the mom about the Strippling warriors and how they were young men who "did not doubt because their mothers knew it." At the end she said that her son could be baptized!!! We were so incredibly happy. Keep praying for them that all goes well. I can`t believe how much the Lord is blessing us here to see such miracles.
I know this is His work. I Know I KNOW he hears and answers our prayers. I am so happy.
P.S. Pray that Hermana Smith and I don't have changes...hehe.


Always,
Hermana Salmon


No comments:

Post a Comment