Family,
Yeah, today Hermana Smith and I are celebrating "Black Friday" as "Black Monday" because today is our day to shop and we both confessed how much we loved "Black Friday" in the states. So today we made a shopping list and attempted to buy some clothes and stuff we needed. I didn`t come away with much other than milk, a pancake mix, and some other goodies just because I couldn`t find any clothes to buy. Sheesh! But we felt so happy to be at the mall with the Christmas lights up. It feels weird that it`s Christmas time here and it`s so hot. Luckily today is a little overcast and quite nice. But we are so excited for this Thanksgiving because we have this wonderful family in our ward, the Familia Hidalgo, that wants to make us a Thanksgiving Day feast and they are inviting all their kids to come celebrate with us. They told us to arrive with empty stomachs so we can eat our hearts out. She is looking up the traditional foods on the internet so we feel quite at home. We are really excited. We are going to feast, feast, FEAST!
And now let me tell you about last week. I remember I left you hanging on the edge with Antoni and his mom and how she came to the church for the first time and we were hoping that it was going to mean she was going to let him get baptized....well, then that night we went to his house to have a lesson and right when we walked in, his mom said, "Antoni can get baptized this weekend. He wants it with all of his heart." My companion and I were smiling ear to ear. Once again, another answered prayer. Then the next day we went to tell Carlos because he was waiting to get baptized with Antoni and things were so up in the air, and he also accepted to be baptized. And so we are so pleased to say that Rosa, Carlos and Antoni were all baptized this weekend. When the week started out, Rosa was the only person who was to be baptized, but Heavnely Father had other plans. We were so happy.
Another funny experience. In a few weeks we are having our stake conference and so President Montalti came to talk to the stake and ward leaders about it. He asked us all to commit to the amount of investigators we were going to bring as wards. So Hermana Smith and I sat talking with our Bishop and first counselor and we all decided that we could bring 20 people...and that that was a high goal, but achievalbe. So we said, "yeah we`ll bring 20" and the bishop said, "yeah 20 sounds good" and then he stood right up and said, "President we`ll bring 30!" Ha, my companion and I did a double-take at the bishop and couldn't hold back the shock. Ok, Bishop, that`s the spirit! So this week we set out with him and the ward mission leader to go out and contact all these people. It has been going so well. We also have so many plans for this week as well until the conference. We are having great success for the faith of the bishop. We are tired as can be, but happier than ever. We are excited to look for the miracles that will come with the help of the whole ward.
Oh, and today, we went to the center to renew my visa and it was in my old sector that I was in for about 6 months. I was thinking on the bus ride how I wish we could`ve met up with one of the ladies whom we had been teaching for so long...Flor Maria. Then lo and behold, we began walking and I looked up and there she was standing in the street. I screamed and we hugged each other and cried. It was such a tender mercy from the Lord.
Love you all,
Hermana SALMON
No comments:
Post a Comment