Sunday, December 4, 2011

November 28, 2011: Another Great Week

Family,
Well I have some great stories to share from another fabulous week! Right after I finished writing you last Monday, we were trying to print something off the emails and Hermana Smith said her name out loud. What we didn`t realize is that a lady was listening and as we left to walk home, she came running after us with the Mission Handbook that Hermana Smith had lost a week earlier. She said that she had found it and was waiting to find the owner. We asked her if we could go visit her and we did that night. We shared a message with her and she told us that she hasn`t lived here very long and feels very lonely. She said that her mom and sister are members of the church in another city far away. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted! What a miracle! The Lord really has so many means of bringing others to find us or us to find them. I love it! It is so fun!
Then that night we found out that the wedding we were hoping to carry out was not going to happen because of a confusion in the papers. We ran and got an hermana in the ward who is a profesional with those things on Tuesday night and all said a prayer together that all would come out right because they had to get married Wednesday. Then, Wednesday morning we got a call from the Hermana saying, "Okay, they are going to get married today at 3 pm!" We did a lot of running around to find witnesses and got a nice cake to celebrate and I can happily say that the family was married! After their interview the dad Pablo said, " I can`t wait any longer for my baptism. I am so ready." Then Sunday came and the husband and wife were baptized by their son Junior who was baptized a month ago. It was such a beautiful service and we left feeling so incredibly happy.
Everything else is so great. We are incredibly happy and we had so much fun celebrating Thanksgiving with the Family Hidalgo. They made turkey, mashed potatoes WITH gravy (which doesnt exist here) and pumpkin pie!! They looked up a recipe online! We were so happy and they had the tree all set up too. We talked about our traditions at home and we felt the Thanksgiving spirit. What a memorable day. Everyone wants to give us Christmas dinner...and we are so okay with that!
Oh, another thing I think you would enjoy to know. Hermana Smith is so great and she reminds me so much of Taryn. She does so many things like her and when we are walking and I am not looking at her, I think she is Taryn. It is so sweet. It makes me feel quite at home. I love you all.
Always,
Hermana Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment