Sunday, December 25, 2011

December 13, 2011: Faithful Daughter in Ecuador by Dr. Henderson

Dear Salmon Family:  
     I am serving as the Area Medical Advisor for Venezuela, Colombia and Ecuador.  Sister Henderson and I are presently in Guayaquil helping out with the situation of a sick missionary, and had the opportunity to meet with the sister missionaries of the Ecuador Guayaquil South Mission with Sister Montalti about health concerns.  I have included a group picture from the meeting.
      I have also included a group picture from the short taxi ride back to the Mission office.  I guess I can be criticized for it, as we were packed a little tight, but it was a lot of fun talking to your daughter and the others.  Sister Henderson is somewhere back in the pile.
      Your daughter seemed to be very happy, and spoke highly of President Montalti, and of her companion.  Her Spanish was very good, and the Ecuadorean food seems to be agreeing with her.  You can be quite proud of your daughter and her courage in serving.  I look forward to working with her for the health of the Elders and Sisters in the mission.

Dr. David Henderson

P.S.  I am the old bald guy in the front seat of the taxi.


No comments:

Post a Comment