Sunday, February 5, 2012

January 30, 2012: End of January

Family,
  Wow, this week has been great and busy! We have continued to be
busy in the office...mostly on the cell phone with the sickies. We`re
seeing mostly the cold and lots of diarrhea!! (Our faithful friend here
in Ecuador). But we are happy and doing well. We joke around that we
need to be able to teach patients in the hospital here because its
where we spend almost all our time. The best part is that they can`t
run...no, just kiddin. But we are having a great time. I do miss the
teaching part of being a missionary and when we get the chance to
teach, I get so excited and I feel the fire swell inside me again and
again...to keep me going until the next time. We have found some
really great people we are teaching...one is 15 years old and the neat
thing about him is that we couldn`t go see him for like 2 weeks
because of all that was going on in the office, but when we went back,
he had read all that we had left him in the Book of Mormon and told us
everything he had learned. He was so excited and there was a light in
his eyes as he spoke of when Christ came to the Americas. He accepted
to be baptized on the 18th of Feb. but we need the permission of his
parents. We are praying hard for that one. The Book of Mormon is true
and changes lives, if we but let it and look for the answers inside. I
love being a missionary and although our responsibilities are different
as the nurses, I am enjoying myself and I feel so blessed to have the
opportunity to use what I have learned to be a small help in some sort
to the work of the Lord. I feel at peace with it all and I feel like
it will only continue to go up from here. Its true. The church is the
church of Jesus Christ. He lives to help us through our darkest hour,
but also to be by our side at our happiest hour as well. I sure love
you all.


Always,
Hermana Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment