Family,
Well this week has sure been a good one. Let`s be real, I`m in the mission, of course it was! Well today is fun because Hermana Garlock is with us in a trio because her companion got her visa for her mission in Venezuela and left today, so we went to the COOLEST market with a million fruits and vegetables of every kind in every direction. It was so much fun. I was in another world. Its close to our house and there are tons of vendors and the fruit there is better than the supermarkets and ten times cheaper. I went crazy and bought tons of stuff. We had so many bags in our hands of stuff that this cute little man with a basket attached to his back came and followed us around with our groceries on his back. I bought all sorts of stuff to make pico de gallo and another salsa and I only spent about $2.75. It was a miracle. We were just laughing and having a great time because we were going crazy with all the good things to buy. I do love Ecuador! The fruits are SO good. Then we went home and made patacones (my favorite thing here...no worries I will make plenty when I come home) with pico de gallo and it was so yummy. YUM!
Another amazing thing of the week was that we were knocking doors and we contacted this amazing family of 4 that all accepted a date to get baptized the 28 of August! When we knocked on the door, we didn't even have to say anything at all...they just said, "come in!" Then as we sat and talked with them, the dad told us that he had a brother who served a mission in our church but who died shortly after returning. They had also lost a child and felt very sad about their loss. We taught them about eternal families and they accepted the invitation to be baptized as a family. It was such an incredible moment. We also found two sisters yesterday who had been talking the day before about searching for a new church because of the emptiness that they feel inside. I remember in the MTC I heard a talk from Elder Bednar about the Holy Ghost and following its promptings. So many times I wonder if I am following them or not or if I know that I am receiving promptings. I was thinking after we had those appointments, "Before going to their house, did I feel a prompting because they are prepared?" And I really didn't feel anything huge. But I remember what Elder Bednar said that really impacted me. He said that we shouldn't wait for promptings and try to discern if we are receiving them or not before we proceed with our lives. He said that we need to be worthy of the spirit through obedience and then get up and move. And then he said,"you will end up somewhere and not know how you got there." Those are the exact words that came into my head that day. I don`t know how we got there, but I know it was a miracle from Heavenly Father. They were wonderful experiences.
We are also teaching this hermano that is being intent on getting baptized in a river and I was all excited about it because it would've been fun. He wanted to get baptized just like Jesus, he said. But then we showed him the baptismal font and he said it was okay him to be baptized there if we could bring in some plants and make sure there was good lighting. We had a good little chuckle to ourselves. Ha, we will see what becomes of his baptism. He is a funny guy.
Well I love you all! The church is true because Jesus Christ is the head of it.
Love,
Hermana Salmon
Cooking the best of Ecuador.
No comments:
Post a Comment