So this week Lara was not the only one to change houses, I moved about 6 whole blocks from my old house! What a move. Ha, just kiddin. No, but we really did move. I was worried when we got the call because I thought that meant we were going to leave Hermana Garlock, but guess what....she moved with us!!! Hahaha. We couldn't´t be happier. I am not really sure why we moved just yet because we just changed houses with the Elders and we are still working in our same areas. We have to take about 2 buses to get to the office every day, but it has been quite fun. My favorite part of the new house is the roof....it is so pretty up there and so high above the pollution. We do Yoga or Pilates every day up there and I love it. It is so much fun. I will have to take some good pictures. That was the big change for the week, but it´s been fun. We have been in the hospital a lot with 2 sick missionaries, but everyone is doing well and they are both better than new. I am sure learning a lot here and sometimes I catch myself speaking English and I think I am speaking Spanish or I think I am speaking English and I am really speaking Spanish. Oh, it´s getting messy. But my favorite part that shows my love for Harry Potter was that I had a dream this week that Harry Potter was at our house in Arizona and he was Mormon. He was there with Ron and he asked me to invite Ron to be baptized. And President Montalti here is very big on inviting people to be baptized very simple and straight forward and we practice it a lot...so much that I am dreaming about it! So I invited him to be baptized in Spanish (yes, Ron speaks Spanish now) and he accepted! So the news is that Ron Weasley will be baptized in 2 weeks. Ha, it was funny.
One wonderful experience that we had yesterday was that we invited the brother of one of the members in our ward to church yesterday. He came and was a little skeptical about the whole thing. So during church it seemed like everything was going good. He was so pleasant and he was asking me lots of questions that were great. The testimonies of the members yesterday were so powerful and so sincere and the Spirit was there in the room so strongly. After church, we went to visit him and we asked him how he felt in the church and he kept saying, "I had a burning in my chest when they were sharing their testimonies. I had a burning in my heart." I couldn't´t help but smile from ear to ear and invite him to be baptized. We are so excited because he will be baptized in 2 weeks. Please pray for him so much that he will continue to have faith to move forward so he can continue to have the "burning in his chest". My testimony grew of the truthfulness of the Gospel yesterday. I know its true. Only the truth could cause such changes in the lives of the people here. When we give up all we have to know him....is when we find out who we really are and find our lives are full of greater joy than ever before.
Love you all,
Hermana Salmon
One of our investigators dying our hair! She is the best and it was so much fun.
Hermana Mairena and I on the bus to Milagro. Wow, the wind was a tad bit strong! Hermana Mairena and I are going on 6 months in our sector (ha we sound like we are married) and life is good! I hope to stay put for a while.
Hermana Garlock and I when we got to be companions...what a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment