Family,
Wow, this week was the week of change. It was bitter-sweet but has ended quite nicely. So Hermana Garlock got to be in a trio with me and Hermana Mairena for about 4 days and we had so much fun! It felt so great to teach with her and we really embraced every minute. We are all such great friends. Then we got the call...she had changes and left to go to another sector! We have lived together for 6 lucky months and so, you can imagine, it was not easy to say good-bye in the terminal. But the good thing is, that she is going to do great things in Milagro! Then we had another hermana come in her place...Hermana Santos. She is such a spectacular missionary and it was fun to learn from her during the lessons. Then she left and Hermana Barker came!!! It has been so much fun to be with her today and yesterday because she is going home tomorrow. How crazy! Today I am writing late because we were in the clinic again most of the day helping the sick missionaries, but not to worry, they are all alive and well! Tomorrow all the newbies come and I think I will meet my next companion tomorrow. Hermana Mairena will be with me for one change more. Crazy huh? I hope we get to go to the temple again this week!! I`m crossing my fingers.
Well other than all the changes and running around...we have had some wonderful experiences in our sector. I have been thinking a lot this week about how blessed we are to have such a merciful Heavenly Father who lets us repent and change everyday if we want. Presidente Montalti reminds us often how we should be measuring ourselves frequently and reflect on the kind of person we are and decide who we want to be and how we are going to become that person. I remember in a talk in the conference in October someone said "We become who we want to be by being what we want to become every day." (P.S. I know its bad to quote without the name..but its a goodie). We are all in the process of "enduring to the end". I have also learned that every single person needs to be baptized...not only those who are ready or those who want it, but everyone. Everyone needs to be baptized in order to be able to live with our families forever or live with Jesus and Heavenly Father again. For that, as members of the church, we have such a grand responsibility. Heaven will be a lonely place with only a few there. I read a quote recently that I just really love. It`s by Mother Teresa. She said, "If you judge people, you don`t have time to love them." I realize that we are always bringing all sorts of people to church and that we expect the members to love them and befriend them and they do such a great job at it. The Savior walked among ALL classes of people, he healed ALL that came unto him and he let ALL (when he came to the Americas) touch the marks in his hands and feet. I can`t remember exactly what the Hymn is in English, but its talking about the Savior loving his sheep. And it says how all are wandering sad and tired and without him. Then when we find Him and come back to the fold, we feel of His love. I am butchering the song because I can only remember the Spanish words, but it is beautiful. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that lets us imperfect people be apart of his perfect work so that in the process, we become more like Him. I love you all.
Wow, this week was the week of change. It was bitter-sweet but has ended quite nicely. So Hermana Garlock got to be in a trio with me and Hermana Mairena for about 4 days and we had so much fun! It felt so great to teach with her and we really embraced every minute. We are all such great friends. Then we got the call...she had changes and left to go to another sector! We have lived together for 6 lucky months and so, you can imagine, it was not easy to say good-bye in the terminal. But the good thing is, that she is going to do great things in Milagro! Then we had another hermana come in her place...Hermana Santos. She is such a spectacular missionary and it was fun to learn from her during the lessons. Then she left and Hermana Barker came!!! It has been so much fun to be with her today and yesterday because she is going home tomorrow. How crazy! Today I am writing late because we were in the clinic again most of the day helping the sick missionaries, but not to worry, they are all alive and well! Tomorrow all the newbies come and I think I will meet my next companion tomorrow. Hermana Mairena will be with me for one change more. Crazy huh? I hope we get to go to the temple again this week!! I`m crossing my fingers.
Well other than all the changes and running around...we have had some wonderful experiences in our sector. I have been thinking a lot this week about how blessed we are to have such a merciful Heavenly Father who lets us repent and change everyday if we want. Presidente Montalti reminds us often how we should be measuring ourselves frequently and reflect on the kind of person we are and decide who we want to be and how we are going to become that person. I remember in a talk in the conference in October someone said "We become who we want to be by being what we want to become every day." (P.S. I know its bad to quote without the name..but its a goodie). We are all in the process of "enduring to the end". I have also learned that every single person needs to be baptized...not only those who are ready or those who want it, but everyone. Everyone needs to be baptized in order to be able to live with our families forever or live with Jesus and Heavenly Father again. For that, as members of the church, we have such a grand responsibility. Heaven will be a lonely place with only a few there. I read a quote recently that I just really love. It`s by Mother Teresa. She said, "If you judge people, you don`t have time to love them." I realize that we are always bringing all sorts of people to church and that we expect the members to love them and befriend them and they do such a great job at it. The Savior walked among ALL classes of people, he healed ALL that came unto him and he let ALL (when he came to the Americas) touch the marks in his hands and feet. I can`t remember exactly what the Hymn is in English, but its talking about the Savior loving his sheep. And it says how all are wandering sad and tired and without him. Then when we find Him and come back to the fold, we feel of His love. I am butchering the song because I can only remember the Spanish words, but it is beautiful. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that lets us imperfect people be apart of his perfect work so that in the process, we become more like Him. I love you all.
Always,
Hermana Salmon
Hermana Salmon
No comments:
Post a Comment