Monday, August 8, 2011

July 11, 2011: 9 Months Baby!

Family,
Wow I hit my 9 month mark...the middle of my mission this week! Crazy huh. Wow, time is just flying by. Well I don`t have much time to say a lot because I was writing individual letters today, but everything is so great. We had the baptism of Yannuska this Saturday but right before it started, we had to leave running to the hospital in an emergency for an elder who got really sick. Luckily the elders in our ward...Elder Carnese and Elder Quispe saved the day and they helped with the baptism and we left running. They said the service was wonderful and that her parents showed up right in time to see it all and we thought that they weren't going to be able to afford to come. They said that there was such a wonderful spirit there. We also are teaching another family that is just wonderful and we are so excited for their progression. Their names are Flor Maria, Ivonna y Nicole. I am happy as happy can be and I love it here more every day. The church is true and we really can be cleansed from the burdens that we carry because of sadness or sin with a baptism or with repentance after baptism. That is why the Sacrament is so important every Sunday. I love you all. Oh we went to Milagro, another town, to check out a clinic there and it was so fun. They have all these fruit farms with bamboo houses and its beautiful!
Always,
Hermana Salmon
Our bus ride from Machala.



No comments:

Post a Comment