Monday, August 8, 2011

July 25, 2011: My Little Amigo

Fam,
First, I had to start out with a funny story that happened yesterday. Let me give you a little background info. So there is this little boy in my ward who is about 4 years old. He is a busy body and a tad bit hyperactive. But one day, he decided he wanted to be my buddy and ever since he likes to stick to me like velcro in the sacrament meeting. So yesterday during the opening prayer, I felt this little body squeeze in between me and my companion. When I opened my eyes, there he was, smiling up at me, happy as a clam. He likes to twirl my hair, pat me on the back, bite, and give me love taps on the head with the hymn books. His dad sits on the stand so he can´t really do much and its hard to say anything to him because he does it in the middle of sacrament meeting. So yesterday, my companion got up to give a talk and I was left to sit with my little buddy and some investigators on my side. I bent over while sitting down to grab him something out of my bag to do and he jumped on my back and wrapped his arms and legs around me. I couldn't´t do anything but I did start laughing so hard. The investigators/new convert were looking at me and laughing too and my companion saw me from the pulpit and began to chuckle. She said that behind me a few of the members were really laughing hard. I finally got him off of my back and I tried to teach him to be reverent. He is a funny little buddy and I just thought I´d tell you a little of the funny things that happen in my days.
Everything else is so great and Ivonna was baptized on Saturday by one of the young men named David. He was so excited to baptize her and it was very special. She is 13 and she was beaming. She said that she felt so much peace and tranquilidad. I feel so happy to be apart of this grand work. There is no feeling greater than watching someone you have come to love, find the same hope and peace that we all have because of our faith in Jesus Christ. There is no mountain to great....sometimes in our lives they can be mountains of sins, sadness, or loneliness...but there is no mountain to great that the Lord can´t remove. I love you all.

Always,
Hermana Salmon
or (I have been called some funny names over the past few weeks)
Hermana Salchichon (hot dog)
Hermana Jamon (ham)
Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment