Family,
Happy Day! I hope you are enjoying your 4th at the cabin and in Mesa for some good fireworks! That sounds like fun to have everyone together. I hope you eat a good hot dog for me! Everything here is just dandy as dandelions. This week we had the baptism of Hermano Juan Carlos and it was lovely. He was so happy. He did have to be baptized about 4 times, but he is a well-baptized and extra clean man now. Then on Sunday Hermano Herrera received the Priesthood and we were so excited for him. We hope that he will baptize his son in the following weeks. Everything else is great...nothing too crazy or too out of the ordinary because we were not in our sector very much this week, so we didn't get very much time to teach. We have had some sick missionaries here, but no worries, they are all doing well now. We are biting our fingernails though because the change is coming up next week and we are not sure what will happen. We heard that President has thoughts to change our sector, and if that happens I might die because I LOVE our sector and our ward so much. I feel like we have so much left to do there. When I left Loja, it felt like it was time, but here I will feel unprepared to leave. I hope its nothing! I am pretty sure that the days of Hermana Garlock and I are coming to an end for now (we have high hopes for the future) and I am sure going to miss that girl. We have been together now more time than apart and she has been such an angel and best friend to me in the mission. She has really impacted me so much. That may be the hardest adjustment of all of the following change. But as for now, we are going to make hamburgers together on this fine 4th of July and go out with a bang! Oh, speaking of Hermana Garlock, I had to tell you the funniest story that she told me. She said that there is this new convert in her area that they were visiting the other day named Hector. He is always feeding the pigeons outside his house and so there are like a million outside in front. Then the other day one of the birds was sitting on the electric line and got electrocuted and so the neighbor ran to tell hector that one of his "children" (he thinks of them as his children) needed help. So he ran outside and you will never guess what he did! He gave it CPR with two-finger compressions and mouth-to-mouth! Haha. And the best part of it all is....that the bird lived! There is one more bird in the sky thanks to old Hector. Ha, i thought it was hilarious and had to tell you.
Right now we are teaching two girl cousins named Janusca and Ashley...please pray for them! Sorry I don´t have too much to report, but all is well and I love you all!
-Hermana Salmon
No comments:
Post a Comment